If you’re going to have an indie wedding – you need the indie talent to pull it off! If you want to have a sustainable wedding – you definitely need to find the right vendors who are in line with your values. Lucky for you, our team of professionals in this community can do just that! Inspired by the charm of an urban brewery, natural and copper elements with a fun, but funky edge – our creative wedding vendors have created an inspiring and modern city wedding that is fully sustainable!
Venue Big Ditch Brewing Co. Photography Seventh Arrow Studio Attire Victoria’s Bridal Shoppe Bureau Invitations/Favors Papercraft Miracles Horse and Carriage Banner Farm Signage Oxford Pennant Styling Kristin Draudt at Fawn and Fox Salon and Lexi DiLorenzo @lexdilorenzo Accessories Pegs Hardware Talent Nickel City Pretty Daddy’s Plants
Styling Buffalo Indie Weddings
- Make sure any paper products used are recycled and/or plantable! Invites, signage, even confetti can be made from leaves and other sustainable materials. Talk about paying it forward for the environment!
- Papercraft Miracles creates recycled and/or plantable paper products that can be customized to your wedding theme. All of the signage and favors are plantable!
- Instead of cut flowers, try potted! They will work great for the ceremony backdrop as well as the centerpieces! The bouquet and boutonniere were also made from recycled paper and dried wheat.
- Daddy’s Plants brought over some gorgeous large plants to brighten up the ceremony space. We just loved they way they looked against that dark red mural on Big Ditch’s wall!
- Skip the limo or car that takes you to your photo spots: try a horse and carriage instead!
- Banner Farm brought the beautiful and sweet Bonnie along to steal the show! Their horses get to spend their days grazing the pastures and their evenings mingling with city-folk!
- When considering decor, think of things that are long lasting and can live beyond the wedding to reduce throwing away extra props that you don’t need.
- Choose a venue that’s indoor/outdoor
- Big Ditch was the perfect venue for our city chic sustainable wedding because it is walkable or bikeable for many living downtown, and it has AMAZING natural daylight. They have an indoor space with large glass garage doors that will definitely cut back on electricity use and let your guests really experience the city as it happens right next to your wedding!
Turns out, hosting a sustainable wedding is easier than you’d think! There are many more ways that you can make your wedding sustainable, so here are some more ideas! Reach out to any of these pros to make yours happen! You can find them in our directory here!
- Find local catering options from your caterer or venue who patronize farms, co-ops and other local sources
- Try offering donations in lieu of a take-away favor gift that is important to you as a couple.
- Your registry is a perfect place to consider local options, as well as organic/fair trade companies.
- If you’re dreaming to have flowers at your wedding, find a sustainable, local grower! There are plenty of those around!
- Find rings that are ethical and sustainable
- Get a wedding dress that is ethically made
- Find a suit that shares your values
- The Black Sheep Bride is another resource and directory that guides and inspires couples to make a difference with their wedding!